Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Uzi's Easy Baked Japanese Sweet Potatos

I got some lovely Japanese sweet potatoes at the Union Square Farmers Market yesterday and made them for dinner.  Since they turned out amazingly yummy and are so simple I thought I should share the recipe.


I used eight small Japanese sweet potatoes-their skin is more reddish but inside they are yellow.
1lb small Japanese sweet potatoes.  Wash and clean ends.  Make a slit in each potato along its length and going down about 1/2 to 3/4 of its depth.  Place in a 9X13 glass or ceramic baking dish and bake covered with foil for an hour at 350.  Remove from oven and pour or squirt some honey (to taste)  in the slits. I used about 2 or three ounces of a local farmers market honey then added a light sprinkling of kosher salt.  Recover with foil and return to the oven for another 25-30 minutes.  This will serve four.

No comments: